Thursday 29 November 2012

Kelly-Ann Whelan On Making Brownbread.


Firstly, I would like to say how honoured I was to be asked to Direct “BrownBread”, I have helped out in previous shows that Sparks Productions have put on stage and I had really enjoyed it so to be asked to direct this show was a huge opportunity for me and I am very grateful.

Directing “BrownBread” has so far been very enjoyable, exciting and tough at times. I have to commend each and every member of the cast as they really work so hard every week in making sure that this production will be the biggest and best yet! We have great laughs but work very hard at the same time and now in the build-up to the opening night we are working even harder. People tend to forget that we all have lives outside this and so people need to give this cast what they deserve which is huge credit. They have made my job very easy and are all great people to work with.

In the beginning I was very relaxed about the whole thing as I have no experience in directing so was unsure what the job actually entailed but after a few wise words from Mr Adrian Kavanagh I was not long about getting into action.




When this show is over, I can truly say I will miss all the cast and the “craic” we had up in the freezing cold tigeen over the past six weeks. But one thing is for sure with such a great cast and production team this play will not be forgotten in a hurry. It has been a great adventure for both me and I’m sure for the cast too and I hope that people can see the hard work and effort that has gone into it.So as the Director of “BrownBread” I hope to see each and every one of you at this great production. It would be a sin to miss it! Whaaa!!!!Thank YouKelly-Ann Whelan



Brownbread by Roddy Doyle runs in the Abbey Hall Graiguenamanagh December 12th to 15th for four nights,Wednesday to Saturday.

Tickets are 7 Euro and can be booked on 087-9439979.

Doors 7:30 Show 8:00.

Note: Strong Language Used Throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment